Preschool Class Program
- Understanding that God had created each child to be special and unique.
- Learning about one’s body, senses, growth (physical, intellectual, and emotional) and feelings.
- Developing a sense of belonging in the world both socially and physically (i.e. in relation to family and friends), as well as an awareness of nature, animals, and science.
|Gathering Time / Free Choice|
|Free Choice and Art Activity / Special Project
learning games, manipulative, dress-up, creative play, role-playing
devotional time, stories, flannel board activities, songs, finger plays, creative movement, play acting, discussion and problem solving
|Large Muscle Playtime
outdoor or in the large indoor playroom
|Snack / Prayer / Quiet Time
“read” library books during quiet time
songs, school communications, review of the day, occasionally joining other classes for singing or chapel
Christian Education Curriculum
The Pre-School program integrates Christian concepts throughout the whole curriculum. With an awareness of the religious developmental characteristics of young children, our goal is to provide meaningful Christian experiences.
Age appropirate and non-denominational Christian materials and activities are used. Christian concepts presented with related themes are:
- God has made me special and given me special gifts
- God has created a colorful and changing world
- God sent His son into the world to save us
- God has given us a special world
- God put love in our hearts for others
- We praise God for creating all things
- We praise God for sending Jesus as our Savior
- God is always with us
The teachers working in this program model Christian love and provide a secure, loving, and caring environment where children are accepted and nurtured as unique individuals.